Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Menswear Recap

Okay I've been on vacation (pictures to come) so I haven’t been able to blog for over a week, probably more like 2 weeks now. I didn't finish the menswear shows and the complete review on them. I didn’t even cover Couture, along with fashion news and Kate Middleton American adventure. Woah I really fell behind with all of this and I had so much to say. Now I understand why bloggers carry small netbooks where ever they travel, keeping up with all of it wasn’t that bad thanks to my smartphone.

Going back to menswear: okay I talked about John Galliano, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Band of Outsiders, Balmain, Givenchy, Missoni, and Burberry Prorsum. I wish I had more time to cover more shows but I had no time what so ever, some of the shows that deserved to be covered were: Alexander McQueen, Mugler, Hermès. There was chic and adventure coming from these shows that really made an impact on the runway in Paris and Milan.

Mugler

This season we saw something more interesting than the usual tailored suits that come from the menswear shows. Maybe it was the loud impact of the Mugler show which brought us modern Greek superheros or the Rock and Roll motif we saw in Lanvin and Alexander McQueen but one thing is for sure the Spring 2012 collections will be a hit for retailers. One of my favorite pieces from the Mugler show was the denim look, Nicola Formichetti brought the idea of the the whole denim outfit but toward the modern Greek hero with the silver chocker.

Alexander McQueen

Along with all the craziness  of some of the shows there were some travelers chic collections like Louis Vuitton, Hermès and Balenciaga that really made me look twice and admire the well tailor clothing. They brought clean lines and tailored clothing which the modern man will fall in love with. Traveling apparel was eminent in Vuitton and Hermès with bags meant for travel and apparel meant to be worn in a world wide adventure. Balenciaga in the other hand went with cleaner cuts and lines by color blocking, tailor suits and jackets.

Balenciaga

Hermès

The last important trend of the season was the surprising use of prints, obviously Prada with their floral golf collection but also Burberry and Givenchy which presented digital prints. I'm usually skeptical with the use of prints but the collections did an amazing job really translating it to a whole another level for consumers to appreciate.

Comments?

Photo Credit: Courtesy of Alexander McQueen, Courtesy of Balenciaga, Yannis Vlamos, GoRunway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment