Sunday, June 19, 2011

Resort Vacation Over

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been covering the resort shows coming out of New York and it has been a lot of fun. I wish I had more time to cover more of the shows but I did the ones that stood out the most. One show I didn’t mention on the blog was Stella McCartney, I really enjoyed her show as she described it as a “garden party”. She embraces the masculinity and minimalism in the clothing as well as the accessories. There were some great shows but way too many for one blogger to just cover, with over 10 collections coming out at a time. Overall we saw some interesting trends with resort, the scuba inspiration from Michael Kors and McQ and digital prints from what I think we saw in every single show.

The color that popped out this season was orange and white. Most collections embraced the color in a large way. Givenchy, Lanvin, Proenza Schouler, Oscar de la Renta to say a few really made their collections stand out with the color orange. Another trend was the use of polka dots, we did see them in Stella McCartney last season for Fall but I was surprise to see polka dots in so many resort collection. Well this season was great and now up to the next one. Keep on reading!

Comments?

Photo Credit: Courtesy of Stella McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment