Thursday, June 9, 2011

TOMS: One for One

This week the shoe company TOMS who are known for their buy a pair of shoes and we will give one back to a child in need campaign has introduced eyewear to their mission statement. When I first heard about this I was a bit skeptical on how this would actually work with sunglasses. So would me buying a pair of sunglasses give one pair back to children?

Obviously that would not be the objective, the company now has paired with the Seva Foundation to provide medical treatment in third world countries. For each pair of sunglasses TOMS will essentially help provide medical treatment, prescription glasses and sight-saving surgery to those in need. This sounds great and they will help those in need but charging $135-145 for a pair of sunglasses seems a lot to me. I guess I will have to wait for them to hit stores to make an accurate decision on the quality and see if they are actually worth the money but overall this seems great. I love when companies are willing to give back and TOMS is taking the initiative by helping others around the world. Their One for One campaign will help millions of children and adults and now I’m just wondering what will come next with from brand.



Comments?

Video: TOMS

No comments:

Post a Comment